We were married on 22nd September 1956. The ceremony was at the Roseville Methodist (now Uniting) Church
in Lord Street and the reception at "St. Malo" which was a heritage stone building now demolished "beneath" Figtree Bridge.
The first night of the honeymoon was spent at the Newport Hotel. Next day we called in to see our parents on the way through to Jenolan Caves House. The next part of the adventure was the trip to Lord Howe Island in the flying boat which left from Rose Bay to land on the lagoon at Lord Howe. All very new and exciting!